Wednesday, June 9, 2010

She Works Hard for the Money

Growing up quiet poor, I think money has been a big motivator in my life. As a child, I really felt embarrassed about being poor, so as an adult, I decided I would work and work hard to ensure I would never be poor again. There began my obsession with money.

I never had a job as a kid; I grew up in the country and never had an opportunity for a paying job. It was when I got out on my own and moved to the big city that things changed. I got a job and worked every hour I could. I worked days, evenings and nights ... as many holidays as I could … often being told I worked far too hard. In 30 years, I’ve never been unemployed.

You know, there are times I’m proud of that and other times I wonder if I’ve worked too hard and missed out.

Did life pass me by while I was busy chasing that almighty dollar?

1 comment:

  1. Daria,

    It is interesting you pose the question to yourself that way. I'd be willing to bet those choices you made were out of wanting more in life, giving more to others, and not having to worry about the little things.
    My question to you would be were you chasing the dollar or chasing the dream?
    Hope you have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete